Main image

Sunday, May 9, 2010

half an hour with an uncle

I was sitting at Starbucks with Mei Ting and Ah Mei...

We were sitting there...looking through the pictures we've took previously.

There's this uncle sitting next to us. He is relaxing and was enjoying his cigar.

Yes, he's an old uncle...with his hair turning into white color like almost 90%.

I was reading my book that time...and that uncle talked to us

Uncle: The Sun is a nice newspaper

We were like "Yeah..." ( Mei Ting was reading the Sun at that time)

Uncle: From where you get it?

Mei Ting: From the counter there..it's free..

Then that's how the whole conversation started.

What I found very interesting and surprising is that the uncle is from Singapore and he's a retired policeman!

My oh my~~

He shared his story...and his point of view...

We talked about the politics, the public transport and the people of course.

Looking at the world...or the things around us from his perspective are totally different from how I looked at it. Ya, it's true that the older we get, the more we'll experience.

He shared with me and told me that Malaysian people is lack behind in education..and yes, I must agree on that. But, even tho...we still have our pros..

People in Singapore are very self-centered. Well, that's what I heard from most of the people. Even that uncle himself admitted it!

I've only been to Singapore once...like when I was 10 years old back then. What I can remember the most about Singapore is that it's a very clean country and it has a huge lion statue with water flowing out from it's mouth. =.=

That's what I can recall back when I'm once a small kid..=)

I wanted to go to Singapore again. To see how it was after years since I went there when I was small.


Hope that I can go there one day...

1 comments:

Wanturd™ said...

hey2. ping fen, its me, safwan :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
RSS Feed
Powered by Blogger.